From the recent workshops, I have learnt quite a few new skills which will be useful not only in ballet but in future work with making in general. For example I found the tutor's "quick tips" on flat and mark tacking, and cutting out useful as well as the pressing the iron over the backing fabric when it is lying on the top fabric to make them lie together better. I also liked the idea of mapping out seam lines with cotton tape onto a mannequin instead of trying to do it when there is already calico on the stand. The cotton tape lines also helpped me to visualize what the bodice could look like and gave me a chance to alter the seam placements, before I started cutting into the calico. I will definitely use these techniques in the future because they will help me with the speed of my work and the precision of drafting seams in better places.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers