Mapping out the seam placements





Drafted Bodice


I enjoyed the recent workshop of drafting a bodice on a mannequin. I found the new technique of mapping a bodice out on the stand with cotton tape first a much better way of working that just pinning calico straight onto the stand and drawing on the seams. I felt that this way was much more accurate in the way that I could keep altering the lines until I was happy with them without waisting any fabric. Also, it helped me to visualize the bodice more clearly. I look forward to trying out this new techniques in the future.
The altering of the flat cutting bodice was fairly simple. I only had to take off 2mm at the bust and 1mm at the waist. I think it would have been good if we had had the chance to also try drafting the bodice pattern flat just so we could learn both ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers